College of Dentistry
The College of Dentistry aims to:
- Educate and train a new generation of oral health professionals to world-class standards.
- Implement a comprehensive oral healthcare program with emphasis on prevention.
- Provide community dentistry services that meet world class standards.
- Initiate scientific research in oral health in collaboration with prestigious international dental and medical institutions, and companies related to dentistry.
The College of Dentistry currently offers the following undergraduate dental program which is accredited by the UAE Ministry of Education:
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) - 5-year program
Admission is based on the following requirements:
- A UAE secondary school certificate, Advanced Stream - MOE, or its equivalent, with a grade of not less than (80%). with minimum score of (80%) in chemistry, Biology and physics in Grade 12.
- English proficiency test (TOEFL score of 500 or above, or the equivalent)
- Personal interview
- Health Fitness Certificate
- Students will be awarded the Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree upon fulfillment of the following requirements:
- Completing successfully the required credit hours (199 Credit Hours), including the University requirement courses, with an accumulative grade point average (AGPA) not less than C, otherwise students should take, during the following semester(s), clinical subjects as suggested by the academic advisor to fulfill this graduation requirement.
- Completing successfully the required clinical cases during the clinical phase in addition to the mandatory two months internal clinical training during summer.
- Submitting and defending a research project before an academic committee of the College.
Career Opportune unities for DDS Holders
- Public hospitals
- Preventive dental centers
- Academic institutions
- Armed forces services
- Insurance and trading companies
- Dental societies