The Library is located on the first floor in building (A) and has a total area of 730 m2, which can accommodate approximately 140 users at the same time. The Library is equipped with computers and photocopy machines for the use of students and staff.
Library resources include Electronic e-learning and databases, such as ProQuest Central, EBSCO, E-Marefa, Scopus, IEEE (ASPP), ACM Digital and others, have been added to the collection. Also, the number of full-text journals in different disciplines has noticeably increased. Students, faculty and staff have remote access to all library electronic resources regardless of their location using their university ID and password. Students and faculty can also access library services using the OPAC system, which enables browsing, booking and renewing of library materials.
At the beginning of every semester, the Library organizes orientation programs for students, faculty and staff. During orientations, users are provided with information on library resources, borrowing procedures and policies, opening times and library usage instructions. The Library uses Library of Congress Classification (LCC) System. Anglo American Cataloguing Rules are adopted as standards for creating the catalog of collections. LCSH (Library of Congress Subject Headings) and Arabic Subject Headings are used to describe items in the collection. MARC compatible library system (Symphony - SIRSI) is used. Library users can search resources via OPAC using various search terms.
The library reflects the level of the educational institution with its acquisition of various forms of information sources, so it must use the most appropriate and easiest way to make available different sources of information and present them to beneficiaries while applying all elements of comprehensive quality in their operations.
The mission of USTF’s library is to support the university mission in identifying, organizing, preserving and offering accessible resources, which serve the needs of college members, students and the community at large. In addition, the library seeks to locate, acquire, organize and select the most appropriate material and make it accessible to users. It is also the mission of the library to build a comprehensive, balanced library collection and provide a good environment for reading, learning and research.
- Beneficiary Service: Quality of performance, speed of response and accuracy of work.
- Continuous learning: The library is committed to supporting continuous learning within and outside the university community, and to promoting continuous intellectual growth.
- supports creative activates.
- Provide current library materials and databases that support the academic curriculum.
- Provide access to information resources, regardless of location.
- Educate and Assist College, students and staff in the identification and effective use of information resources.
- Collect library materials in all formats broaden and update all collections to meet the needs of USTF’s programs and support the various aspects of the institution: teaching, training, research and services.
- Work closely with users; know their needs and interests.
7:30 صباحاً إلى 2:00 ظهراً
من 2:00 ظهراً إلى 8:00 مساءً
|الأحد Sun||طالبات Female||طلاب Male|
|الثلاثاءTue||طالبات Female||طلاب Male|
|الأربعاء Wed||طلاب Male||طالبات Female|
|الخميس Thu||طالبات Female||طلاب Male|
- Circulation services (internal and external).
- The circulation desk is responsible for all transactions related with borrowing and returning of books and periodicals, placing materials on reserve, recalling borrowed material, assessing fines, etc. Borrowing stops 30 minutes before closing time.
- Reference Services.
- Staff at the reference desks offers assistance and instruction in the use of the library’s resources. Readers with bibliographic inquiries are advised to consult reference desk available during the library opening hours. They can contact in person or by calling or e-mailing the library personnel for necessary assistance.
- Book reservation service.
- The beneficiaries may reserve some books if other beneficiaries borrow them.
- Photocopy Services.
- USTF library provide photocopying services for print materials to all library users. International image reproduction and copyright laws are strictly observed.
Person In charge:
Nasreldin Babiker Elnageeb
Phone EXT :
Open Access (Miscellaneous)
Amedeo Free medical books
Amedeo Free medical journals
Biomedical open access sources
Directory of open access books
Directory of open access e-repositories
Directory of open access journals
Directory of open access scholarly resources
Dove Press medical e-journals
Electronic library of mathematics
Geneva free medical journals
Global e-thesis & e-dissertations network
High Wire free biomedical journals
Hindawi open access e-journals
IAMCR free journals
Indian academy of sciences (e-journals)
Internet scientific publications
Mary Ann medical journals
Open access books in sci-tech
Project Euclid (math and statistics)
Public library of science (PLoS)
Science Direct open
Scientific e-library online (Latin Am journals)
Springer open portfolio (free e-journals)
Taylor & Francis open e-journals
US Nat’l medical library
Wiley open access
ARABIC COLLECTIONS ONLINE
EuDML-The European Digital Mathematics Library