Job Responsibilities :
- Job purpose: The Dean is the chief academic and administrative officer of the College who reports to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs; the Dean will provide academic leadership and discharge administrative responsibilities with respect to faculty, staff, resources, and student matters. He/she shall provide leadership of the strategic, programmatic, financial, fundraising, and management operations that support the mission and vision of the College.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promoting the College's strategic vision and distinctive characteristics, accomplishments, and aspirations to all constituencies, ensuring that the public perception of the College aligns with its ambitious goals of attracting bright students, distinguished faculty and staff and to produce graduates of the highest caliber.
- Leading and overseeing the development, enhancement and continuous assessment of programs, curricula and study plans in the College.
- Providing a conducive environment that promotes faculty excellence in teaching, advising, research/creative-work and service.
- Leading the pursuit of various required national and international accreditation and related activities.
- Providing recommendations to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs on hiring, promotion, and contract renewals of faculty members and staff.
- Facilitating professional development for faculty and staff in the College
- Enhancing and extending relationships with industry, government, business, and other education and research institutions locally and abroad.
- Leading and participating in fundraising activities to the College.
- Leading the advancement of Dentistry pedagogy.
- Supporting and initiating activities for student recruitment and retention.
- Managing the budget and resources available to the College and ensuring the financial well-being of the College.
An outstanding leader and communicator eager to work collegially within the College and the University and who displays a strong commitment to dental education for a diverse student body. Candidates must have an earned PhD in Dentistry, significant administrative experience, a distinguished record in teaching, research/creative-work, and service.